Career Counseling/Job Search Assistance
Services include high-demand job training, one-on-one career counseling, career development workshops, career search resources, access to computers, phones and faxes for job searches.
KentuckianaWorks Manufacturing Career Center
The Kentucky Manufacturing Career Center is a one-stop resource in the Metro Louisville region for manufacturers and for jobseekers interested in working in manufacturing.
Louisville Urban League
Assists clients, primarily African Americans and individuals of low to moderate income, prepare for and find employment. Services include counseling & placement services, training & development, pre-screening & referral services and outreach programs. (See all services)
Job Corps is a free education and training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job. For eligible youth at least 16 years of age. For more information, call (800) 733-JOBS where an operator will refer you to the admissions counselor closest to where you live, and mail you an information packet.
Help for Specific Demographic Groups
- Council of Three Rivers American Indian Center– Provides training, job placement assistance and counseling.
- Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs – This site includes information about education and training benefits available to veterans through the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Veterans Express – Kentucky Career Center offices have Local Veterans Employment representatives and Disabled Veteran outreach specialists to assist veterans with their employment and training needs.
- IAVA’s New GI Bill Calculator – This tool helps new veterans calculate their GI Bill benefits and understand how to apply them toward continuing their education.
People with Disabilities
- Center for Accessible Living (CAL) – CAL offers training on disability issues and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADA compliance, building and product accessibility, reasonable accommodation certification, American Sign Language interpreters, recruitment, career development, a Job Hunt Club and much more. (See all services)
- Diversity Shop – Books and videos are available for those interested in learning more about disability and employment issues – for employers, educators, service providers and job seekers with a disability.
- Goodwill Industries of Kentucky – Goodwill provides jobs, job training, and employment counseling for people who face barriers to finding and keeping a job, including people with disabilities, recipients of public assistance, and people with limited education or work history.
- Kentucky Office for the Blind – Services include: braille instruction, orientation and mobility, assistive technology, adult education, career development, life skills, personal development
- Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation – (Office Locations) – Programs and services offered include counseling & guidance, vocational & other training services, interpreter & note taking services, rehabilitation technology, job placement and supported employment. (See all programs and services)