LFPL is a participant of Vision Louisville‘s Cultural Pass Challenge for the summer of 2014. With this exciting opportunity, readers can enjoy many cultural outings with the children in their life.
Here are the rules.
All Children from Louisville/Jefferson County, KY (0-College) + one adult chaperon if child is under 16 (only one adult admission will be granted regardless of the number of passes).
Children and parents can pick up a pass from local Louisville Free Public Library branches or Louisville Metro Parks Community Centers. Pass must be presented upon entrance to gain free admission. The pass will be punched to indicate a visit.
Pass allows FREE general admission access to child and chaperon (if child is under 16). Only one visit per pass per institution will be allowed. Special exhibits and programs are not included with the pass. Attendees must observe all venue rules and restrictions.
Pass will be valid from June 9, 2014-August 13, 2014.
If a child visits 8 sites, they will be entered to win family tickets to the Lion King donated by Louisville Theatrical Association – Broadway in Louisville and tickets for the Mayor’s Box for the Louisville Bats. Winners will be selected by drawing on or about September 5, 2014.
Official Rules and Restrictions:
- Participants must be residents of Louisville/Jefferson County, KY.
- Only one adult will receive free entry per visit, if child is under 16, regardless of the number of passes.
- Each child is eligible for one pass.
- All rules and regulations for specific sites must be followed to gain entry. Please note special restrictions for some participating organizations printed on the Cultural Pass.
- Pass is valid for one-time general admission at each of the participating institutions. No special exhibits or concessions are included with the Cultural Pass.
- Organizations reserve the right to deny entry if rules and restrictions of the Cultural Pass are abused.
- The Pass is not valid for group visits at Frazier History Museum, Kentucky Derby Museum, Kentucky Science Center and Louisville Zoo.
- Parking for Louisville Zoo is not included.
- The Pass is not valid with other institution offers.
Upon completion of the Cultural Pass Challenge, participants must return it to their local Louisville Free Public Library Branch or Metro Parks Community Center no later than August 25, 2014 to be eligible for the prize drawing, which will take place on or about September 5, 2014.
- American Printing House for the Blind Museum
- Bernheim Arboretum
- Carnegie Center for Art & History
- Crane House – Asia Institute
- Filson Historical Society
- Frazier History Museum (M-TH only)
- Historic Locust Grove
- Kentucky Derby Museum
- Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft
- Kentucky Science Center (M-TH only)
- Kentucky Shakespeare (Shakespeare in the Park @ Central Park)
- Local Speed
- Louisville Ballet (Pass valid for Youth Ages 15 and over)
- Louisville Youth Choir
- Louisville Zoo (Monday Only – Does not include parking)
- Riverside, the Farnsley-Moremen Landing
- Stage One Family Theatre (6/7, 7/12, 8/9 @ 10 am, Main Branch Library, 301 York)
- Yew Dell Botanical Gardens
- 21c Museum