If you’re looking to discover a new series before the school year starts, it’s not too late. In fact, being slow to jump on the bandwagon for trending series has its perks. For example, chances are the waiting list at your library is subsiding. Meaning you go from being number 237 on the wait list to suddenly finding the book on the shelf at your branch the moment you want it. No wait! And speaking of waiting, you no longer have to agonize over cliffhanger endings (sometimes for years) before the next installment is published. We all know how excruciating that can be, so check out some of the newest titles that will hit the library shelves at the end of this year, and get caught up on these fantastic series.
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
Publication date: October 21, 2014
The sun’s out and the feet come next! Ladies, this blog is directed towards you (but fellas you should do it too)! You do not want to be caught in the streets with worked over heels and toes while wearing the latest footwear and strappy sandals. Tell me who doesn’t like clean, pretty and healthy feet? Some people choose not to bother with their feet because who cares right? Wrong. People do care, I care. I want you to always put your best foot forward both figuratively and literally. One of the greatest setbacks for many of us females when it comes to our life long pursuits is our self-esteem.
During this time of your lives, you want to grow, experience, trail blaze, fit in, have fun, love and be loved. In amidst of all of that, your confidence, self-respect and healthy self-esteem will take you anywhere you want to go. In order to do so, your image should reflect all that you want to be and are. In other words, your hair, skin and nails should be healthy and well maintained. Now, maintenance can come at a cost. But being well put together does not mean going to spend $50 plus on a spa pedicure and full set manicure at a beauty salon. Everything I needed cost me less than $7 at the store, and some of the items you may already have at home. So, let me get off my soap box and get you all started on your do-it-yourself feet beautification routine!
The Buzz on Beauty: A Girl’s Guide to Looking and Feeling Your Best By Amy Gelman
You Glow Girl By Dianne York-Goldman and Mitchel P. Goldman, M.D.
- Adopted a cat that was found at the Portland library– her name is Luna Lovegood, and she and her other cat, Minerva McGonagall, don’t really get along.
Lynette (Highlands Teen Outpost)
- A very adventurous eater – will try anything once!
- Dabbles in graphic design
- When she was younger, she wanted to be a classical musician
- She once was a vegetarian for over a year – just to prove a point that she could do it
- She loves wheel-thrown pottery and can even throw a pretty good pot herself!
Angel (Bon Air)
- She grew up in a small village in Bavaria, which is the southeastern portion of Germany
- Zip-lined in the Alps when she was eleven years old
- She has rescued a baby copperhead, a few bees and many spiders from certain death
- Used to be deathly afraid of all three of the aforementioned rescuees
- Wants to write a novel someday