UPDATED: we are happy to include all the films submitted for the Library’s teen film fest!
We are happy to share the featured films from the 2014 Louisville Young Filmmakers Festival on the Library’s YouTube Channel.
Thanks to all who submitted films!
We are extremely proud of all the film submissions that we received for the 2014 Louisville Young Filmmakers Festival at the Library.
We are pleased to announce the twelve films to be featured at the film premier:
- Win, Lose, or Draw by Beargrass Media
- Butterfly Fly Away by Meagan Compton
- Green Green Grass by Edward Boomershine
- Auto-Correct and Auto-Tune by Erin Kurtz
- I’ll See You Soon by Sultana Avdic
- Toaster or What You Will by Emma Bryan
- The Rivalry by Hannah Esrock
- The House by Murray Huber
- Stranger by Landis Breland Helwig
- Mortuus Frater Meus by Alexander William Scarfe
- Safalta by Sidartha Biswa
- The Butterfly Effect by Emily Downs
All other submissions will be on display during intermission, and filmmakers, families and friends will have the opportunity to speak with their peers. Submissions will be added to the Library’s YouTube channel following the festival.
The festival premier will be March 15th, 2 pm in the Centennial Room at the Main Library and will last until around 4:30 pm.
We are proud to share a playlist of last year’s featured films from our first Louisville Young Filmmakers Festival. From truly terrifying to heart warming, these were screened at the final film premier March 16, 2013 at the Main Library.
Check them out, and be sure to submit your films by March 1, 2014 for this year’s festival.
Looking to get started? Join us this Saturday, January 11, 2pm at the Main Library for a special festival workshop, and learn the basics of filming and editing. We will be making a festival teaser trailer for the Library’s website.
Part of the festival fun includes our community-led workshops. We are pleased to announce this year’s lineup:
- Green Screen Techniques Saturday, January 25, 10 am
- Stop Motion Animation Saturday, February 8, 2 pm: Led by teen stop-motion animator Ed Boomershine
- Improv Acting Saturday, February 22, 2 pm: Featuring members of Louisville’s own Project Improv
Bring a friend, and dive into the exciting world of film making with your Library!